Non-Profit Community Group Insurance
Why does your community group need insurance?
Community-based organizations, whether incorporated or not, face more risk than they generally know — with liability and property exposures constantly threatening to disrupt the continuity of their organization’s existence. Groups and clubs that properly address their risk needs can operate with the confidence of knowing that they are prepared for most incidents that can threaten their continued operation. Avoiding the negative outcomes that can result from the day-to-day activities of a community group may be a matter of properly managing your risk coverage.
Working closely with municipalities, local governments, and community groups, Marsh Canada Limited (Marsh Canada) administers the Non-Profit Community Group (NPCG) Insurance Program to help meet the unique risk coverage needs of non-profit organizations across Canada. Best of all, your NPCG Insurance can be purchased online.
What is the best way to buy insurance for your non-profit community group?
Buying insurance for your community group can be easy. Marsh Canada is pleased to offer a convenient online solution for your non-profit community group insurance needs. Just click through, answer the required rating questions, choose your coverage, and pay for your insurance. It’s that simple.
Why buy non-profit community group insurance through Marsh Canada?
Marsh Canada helped 590 community group customers manage and protect their organizations in 2019. These customers benefited from:
- Industry-Focus – Providing insurance coverage specifically for non-profit community groups and organizations.
- Compliant Coverage – Ability to help ensure the insurance offered meets the requirements of municipal councils and local governments.
- Tailored Product Offering – Capable of meeting each group’s unique needs.
- Broad Acceptance Criteria – Making it easier to buy the insurance your community group needs.
- Experienced Service Team – With understanding of the specific needs of community groups and associations.
- Online Quotation and Administration – System providing convenience and efficiency — 100% paperless.
Is my community group eligible for insurance through this offering?
Most likely yes. Groups seeking coverage under this insurance program generally share the following characteristics:
- Exist as a not-for-profit group/organization.
- Provide a public benefit or serves a charitable purpose for the broader community.
- Consist mainly of volunteers or members.
Marsh can broker insurance for a wide variety of community groups including most that fall into the following coverage categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Children and Family
- Church and Religious Bodies
- Community Business
- Community Care/Human Services
- Employment and Training
- Environment, Conservation, and Heritage
- Older People
- Public Safety
- Recreation and Leisure
- Regional Development
- Science and Technology
- Special Education
- Sports and Athletics
What are the coverages available?
The Insurance Program provides an extensive range of broad coverages that can be tailored to meet each group’s specific risks and exposures including:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Provides indemnity against claims for bodily injury and/or property damage arising from the negligence of your club or community group — up to $10,000,000 coverage limit with optional extensions for Liquor liability, Vendor Liability, and Abuse.
- Professional Indemnity endorsement available for covered negligent acts, errors, or omissions in the conduct of your professional services.
- Abuse Limitation endorsement available for any allegation of actual or threatened abuse.
- Non-Profit Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Provides coverage against liability incurred through activities/services conducted by your club or community group and for the wrongful acts of your board members and administration — up to $5,000,000 limit.
- Group Accident − Volunteer Workers Insurance
- Provides coverage to volunteer workers if those persons sustain injury while working for and on behalf of your club or community group — up to $150,000 death benefit.
- Business Property and Contents Insurance
- Provides repair and replacement coverage for buildings, fixtures, contents, etc.
- Equipment Breakdown coverage available for mechanical or electrical breakdown of equipment.
- Crime coverage available for employee dishonesty, burglary, money order and counterfeit paper transactions, and depositors forgery.
Need to know more about non-profit community group insurance?
Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website or contact your Marsh licensed insurance broker directly at:
1 888 755 5247 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Non-Profit Community Group insurance coverages will be placed with a program administered by Marsh Canada Limited. Marsh Canada has engaged in a competitive marketing process to offer a competitive product. We have negotiated this Program on a group basis with the insurer but we have not acted as a broker for any individual participant. This Program may be for a term of several years and may not be negotiated annually.
Information on this website represents a synopsis of coverage and is provided as a reference only. The actual policy, including endorsements determines coverage. It contains exclusions, limitations and other provisions not referenced (or only briefly summarized) here and the policy should be consulted for full coverage terms, conditions and requirements. Deductibles may apply. For exact terms, definitions, limitations, and exclusions, please speak with your licensed Marsh Canada Limited insurance broker, or refer to the policy wording.
This web page is not intended to be taken as advice regarding any individual situation and should not be relied upon as such. The information contained herein is based on sources we believe reliable, but we make no representation or warranty as to its accuracy. Marsh shall have no obligation to update this publication and shall have no liability to you or any other party arising out of this publication or any matter contained herein. Any modelling, analytics, or projections are subject to inherent uncertainty, and the Marsh Analysis could be materially affected if any underlying assumptions, conditions, information, or factors are inaccurate or incomplete or should change. Marsh makes no representation or warranty concerning the application of policy wordings or the financial condition or solvency of insurers or re-insurers. Marsh makes no assurances regarding the availability, cost, or terms of insurance coverage.