Event Liability Insurance
Why do you need event insurance?
Anytime you get people together for an event, you are exposed to risk. Whether it is someone falling and becoming injured, a guest developing food poisoning from your catered offerings, or property damage to a hosting venue, the risks are real. Successful event organizers recognize that event insurance is a necessary part of the planning process and don't take risks when it comes to the possibility of large payouts commonly associated with liability lawsuits. Specific event insurance coverage and risk management can help avoid the negative outcomes that result from some events.
Uneventful events should be goal of every organizer when it comes to claims incidents, but always ensure you're protected if one does happen.
Why should I insure an event?
In general, events should be covered under the Event Liability Insurance Program because:
- They are attended by third parties such as guests, participants, spectators, property owners, or others.
- Alcohol is being served.
- The event venue/facility requires the purchase of liability insurance for events.
- You are responsible for the overall control of the event or activity.
Is event liability insurance available for my event type?
Most likely yes. Marsh Canada Limited (Marsh Canada) can broker event liability insurance for a wide variety of types including most that fall into the following coverage categories:
- Charity, Non-Profit Fundraiser, or Youth-Friendly Event Insurance
- Meeting, Lecture, Convention, Market, or Workshop Insurance
- Motorized Vehicle Event Insurance
- Party, Reception, or Dinner Insurance
- Show, Festival, Recital, Parade, Carnival, Concert, or Fair Insurance
- Sporting Event, Tournament, Competition, Games, or Instructor Insurance
- Wedding Insurance
An extensive list of specific event insurance types is available to choose from when you apply.
Why buy liability insurance for events through Marsh Canada?
The good news is buying liability insurance for events can be easy. Marsh Canada is pleased to help with this by providing a convenient online solution for your event insurance needs. Just click through, answer the required rating questions, choose your coverage, and pay for your event insurance online. It’s that simple.
Marsh Canada helped 490 customers manage and protect community and family events in 2019. These customers benefited from:
- Competitive rates.
- Liability limits of up to $10,000,000.
- An easy online application process allowing for event insurance policies to be generated, accepted, and paid for online by credit card.
- The ability to insure a variety of event types, big and small.
- Broad acceptance criteria.
- An experienced service team to provide advice regarding risk management and access to suitable event insurance coverage.
- Availability of event insurance in Ontario, BC, Alberta, and all other provinces across Canada.
Need to know more about liability insurance for events?
For more information regarding liability insurance for events, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions or Blog sections of our website or contact your Marsh Canada licensed insurance broker directly at:
1 888 755 5247 | Email: email@example.com
Your event liability insurance coverages will be placed with a program administered by Marsh Canada Limited. Marsh Canada has engaged in a competitive marketing process to offer a competitive product. We have negotiated this Program on a group basis with the insurer but we have not acted as a broker for any individual participant. This Program may be for a term of several years and may not be negotiated annually.
Information on this website represents a synopsis of coverage and is provided as a reference only. The actual policy, including endorsements determines coverage. It contains exclusions, limitations and other provisions not referenced (or only briefly summarized) here and the policy should be consulted for full coverage terms, conditions and requirements. Deductibles may apply. For exact terms, definitions, limitations, and exclusions, please speak with your licensed Marsh Canada Limited insurance broker, or refer to the policy wording.
This web page is not intended to be taken as advice regarding any individual situation and should not be relied upon as such. The information contained herein is based on sources we believe reliable, but we make no representation or warranty as to its accuracy. Marsh shall have no obligation to update this publication and shall have no liability to you or any other party arising out of this publication or any matter contained herein. Any modelling, analytics, or projections are subject to inherent uncertainty, and the Marsh Analysis could be materially affected if any underlying assumptions, conditions, information, or factors are inaccurate or incomplete or should change. Marsh makes no representation or warranty concerning the application of policy wordings or the financial condition or solvency of insurers or re-insurers. Marsh makes no assurances regarding the availability, cost, or terms of insurance coverage.